Philogen is a Swiss-Italian integrated biotechnology company founded in 1996, with the mission to develop innovative biopharmaceuticals for targeted therapy (http://www.philogen.com). Philochem AG is the R&D department of Philogen and it is located in Zurich. Philogen-Siena focuses on product optimization/production according to GMP standards and on clinical trial investigations.
Research Scientist (organic and medicinal chemistry)
At Philochem we are committed to the development of innovative technologies with the aim to bring innovative products to patients. We are looking for a talented and motivated synthetic / medicinal chemist to support our internal DELT drug discovery program.
The successful candidate will synthesize and purify compounds for the biological evaluation of hits identified from DNA-encoded chemical library selections, using standard and advanced organic synthesis procedures.
The applicant should be able to develop and troubleshoot synthetic routes directed to the target molecules, as well as carry out basic analytical and structural data analysis.
In this position, the potential of the applicant to innovate both in the design of synthetic routes and in the generation of new target proposals, will be valued.
Good communication skills and the ability to work independently and within an international team environment is required.
- PhD in organic chemistry with postdoctoral experience in synthetic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or related sciences
- Comprehensive and state of the art knowledge in modern synthetic methodologies
- Experience in synthesis (small organic ligands, peptide chemistry and bio-conjugation chemistry is a plus) and characterization of organic compounds.
- Experience in performing literature searches using chemistry databases (PubMed, SciFinder, Reaxys) and in applying the results to solve synthetic challenges in the lab.
- Proven track record of delivering results both independently and in team settings
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English
We offer a young and positive working environment where flexibility, quick decision-making, and responsibility may contribute to the success of the Company in technology and product development
Applications need to include a CV, letter of motivation, and a research summary (2-4 pages).
If you are interested, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.