Who we are
Philogen is a Swiss-Italian integrated biotechnology company founded in 1996, with the mission to develop innovative biopharmaceuticals for targeted therapy (http://www.philogen.com). Philochem AG is the R&D department of Philogen and it is located in Zurich. Philogen-Siena focuses on product optimization/production according to GMP standards and on clinical trial investigations.
At Philochem we are committed to the development of innovative technologies with the aim to bring innovative products to patients. We are looking for an enthusiastic PhD student for an industrial doctorate program
, who shares our vision and are driven by innovation and teamwork. Our focus is the discovery of small molecules against targets of pharmaceutical interests
. The successful candidate will design, synthesize, and isolate small molecules using DNA-encoded chemical libraries by applying fundamental techniques in chemistry, biochemistry, and cell biology. The biological activity of promising hit compounds will be potentially tested by the candidate on cells (in vitro
) and/or in murine models of cancer (in vivo
This program will be carried out in Zurich laboratories in collaboration with an European University. The student will be trained to:
- Design and plan scientific projects related to R&D drug discovery program associated to our DNA-encoded chemical library (DECL) Technology.
- Scientific presentation and communication.
- Write scientific articles and publish on peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Master Degree in chemistry, medicinal chemistry or related discipline (Graduation before August 2021 is desired).
- Experience in synthesis (small organic ligands, peptide chemistry and bio-conjugation chemistry is a plus) and characterization of organic compounds.
- Experience with modern analytic techniques (HPLC, LC-MS) and interpretation of results obtained by spectroscopic techniques (LC-MS, NMR).
- Good Knowledge of data analysis and editing Software (i.e Excel, Word, Power point, Prism, R, MatLab, illustrator) would be a plus.
- Experience in performing literature searches using chemistry databases (PubMed, SciFinder, Reaxys) and in applying the results to solve synthetic challenges in the lab.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
We offer a young and positive working environment where flexibility, quick decision-making, and responsibility may contribute to the success of the Company in technology and product development.
Applications need to include a CV, letter of motivation and 2 reference letters.
If you are interested, please send your application to email@example.com